The Experimental Teaching Demonstration Centre of Chemistry was founded in 2002 and sponsored from the “Bureau and Province Working Together Grant” in 2005. Later in 2009, the Centre was approved as one platform at provincial level.
There are 23 teachers working at the Centre both full-time and part-time. The Centre covers an area of 1310 square meters, equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation including X-ray diffraction analyser, GC, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, the organic carbon analyser, and atomic fluorescence spectrometer etc..
The Centre also serves as an important platform for the practical sessions of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Chemistry not only within the Environmental School but also across the campus.